PleinAir magazine presents the 5th Annual Plein Air Convention & Expo, which will be held in Tucson, Arizona. The event is set for April 15-19, 2016 (with optional pre-convention workshop on April 14) and will feature instruction by many of the world's top artists (artists who paint "plein air," outdoors on location) as well as several top figurative artists.
In addition to the main stage with live demos and presentations and a demo stage, we offer a full-time stage for watercolor and water media artists and a full-time stage for pastel artists. Each track will take place in separate rooms on separate stages. All attendees are welcome to move between stages. We also have a giant Expo Hall of art materials vendors.
Most days the artists gather to paint together in beautiful locations, including Old Tucson, where we'll paint this old Western town. Our instructors are there to help and do on-site demonstrations. We encourage you to bring your paint gear so we can paint together around the Oro Valley area, a painters' paradise. All levels of painters, including beginners, are encouraged to attend and will be welcomed with open arms. There is no level of proficiency required to attend — we're here to have fun and learn.
The convention will be held at the El Conquistador Resort and spa in Tucson. We highly recommend staying on site for the full experience.
- Discover the techniques of the world's top artists.
- See dozens of daily painting demonstrations.
- Hear speakers discuss painting, painting history, and techniques.
- An Expo Hall with art suppliers offering new products and special offers.
- A chance to paint outdoors with some of the best artists in the world.
- Make friends with hundreds of other plein air painters and figurative artists.
- You'll grow as a painter and leave with a huge increase in knowledge.
- It's fun.